Because of You, Life Doesn’t Stop
Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. This could be a little girl in the ICU or a mother with Stage 3 leukemia. If you’re worried about needles, don’t be—most blood donors compare the experience to a mild, split-second pinch! The entire process is very safe and very fast, and you will feel amazing knowing you potentially saved up to three people.
COVID-19 vaccinated? Great! You are ABSOLUTELY allowed to give blood or platelets if you meet all general blood donation eligibility criteria.
38 appointments, 27 successful donors, and 30 lifesaving units of blood! Will you help?
We've had a few cancellations, so if you can donate, please sign up today!
While the blood donation slots may be full, we do need three (3) volunteers to make this a success. You will check in blood donors, provide info about the Redwood Heights Association, and hand out goodie bags to the donors. Easy 1 1/2 hour shifts. Can you help?
Current Volunteer Sign-up Sheets
No sheets currently available at this time.
Please login to view and edit your volunteer sign ups.
Things to Know
- COVID-19 Protocols – Vitalant sets up drives to meet social distancing requirements. Our staff follow rigorous safety and disinfection protocols at blood drives. For more information, please visit https://www.vitalant.org/COVID-FAQs
- All Donors should review Blood Donor Qualifications prior to making an appointment.
- Donors are encouraged to make an appointment.
- Donors should arrive well-nourished and hydrated.
- Donors need identification with a first and last name, as well as a picture or date of birth.
- Power Red Donation – Power up your donation with an automated double red cell donation.
- The donation process takes approximately one hour (add an additional 20 minutes for a Power Red).
- Fast Track – Donors can complete the health questionnaire online prior to arriving to the drive. The questionnaire must be completed the same day as the donation.
- Donors are required to wear a face mask or reasonable cloth-based face covering at blood drives.
Learn more about other upcoming RHA events.